Database Access Layer (Not to be confused with database abstraction layer)
David Freedman
2014-10-01 07:59:22 UTC
In one of my web2py apps, I’ve got a dynamic database calls sprinkled
throughout my controllers. While I don’t yet want to factor database
access out into a restful api, I do want to factor it out into a resource
design of a similar style even though it will use native python objects
rather than HTTP/JSON. Looking for any specific recommendations for
database access layer code organization? Should I just create a module of
CRUD methods that are invoked from controllers?
--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com
Massimo Di Pierro
2014-10-03 11:32:33 UTC
If you use the latest web2py there is this code on
welcome/controllers/default.py

@auth.requires_login()
def api():
"""

this is example of API with access control

WEB2PY provides Hypermedia API (Collection+JSON) Experimental

"""
from gluon.contrib.hypermedia import Collection
rules = {
'<tablename>': {'GET':{},'POST':{},'PUT':{},'DELETE':{}},
}
return Collection(db).process(request,response,rules)

I guess you can copy and modify the file gluon.contrib.hypermedia to return
pickle instead of json.
I am not sure I answered the question.